BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, November 25, 2007

February 10, 2008

I've always had a few life goals. Sky diving (check), Bungee jumping, scuba diving, and run a marathon. Since they always say your twenties are your prime, I was looking into marathons one night at work...26 miles is a lot to run at first, so I'm going to start it out with just a half marathon and possibly run a full marathon later in the year next year.

Fortunately, (thanks to my lengthy research) I have found there's one in Birmingham in Feb! For the next 11 weeks, I will be training for it! I'm pretty excited about this and hope I can do it! All the training schedules I've looked into say to give yourself 12 weeks to train. Well I'm only 1 shy of that, but I've been working out, so it's not like I will be starting from scratch.

Pretty sure the hardest thing is going to be the hills. We don't have massive hills in TX, so it will take several days of sore muscles and much time to get used to!

Anyone want to join me in my running endeavors?

1 comments:

Paul said...

I'll Scuba dive or bungee jump with you... I don't understand the thing with running that far, and like nothing is chasing you or anything. I guess its just me... Have a great weekend!!