BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, October 14, 2007

prime rib or ground chuck?

Perfect example of a singles ministry as a meat market................

So, you know, I've been trying to get involved at this church I've been going to. Last sunday we go over to a guy's apt to watch a movie, like 5-6 of us. Well, he gets my # to call me and let me know the happenings of the group. (Keep in mind this character is a ripe 29 year old and I'm 22.) He texts me throughout the week being friendly asking if my week is going good and all which I appreciate...Well tonight he calls to see if I want to "hang out sometime". Being prepared for this, I responded with a "yeah, sure! What's everyone doing this week?" Then I proceeded to talk about my "busy" week (yeah right, I'm not even working til Friday) and how I don't think I have time. And since I'm not the best at getting off the phone with people I don't really want to talk to...the convo lasted WAYYY too long.

I'm just frustrated cause I don't want to jump into a singles group and date someone! I just want to get to know everyone and be friends! Plus I don't want any bad looks from the girls or to be the subject of the latest sunday school gossip! Grrr...I hate pressure of being in a singles group...

Sorry, just wanted to vent..

Oh and Paul, your comment made things so much more clear to me and put it into perspective. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jenn. What did I tell you. You are a heartbreaker in Nac, and you go to Alabama and you break hearts there too. And I say screw the other girls. If he likes you and you like him....then go for it!
Now, dont be impulsive and marry him next week....but you know.
And...I am SOOOOO excited you are coming back to Texas soon! Oh man, you dont even know. I will call you later this week so we can get caught up. I miss you like crazy!

Paul said...

Hey, I really meant that as a joke but there is a little bit of truth to it, I guess. The good thing is that not all guys are like that are there are probably some people there who really do want to be your friend and not your girlfriend. (Not yet anyway... haha). I don't understand girls at all so I have no clue what's going on there... The weird ones present themselves quickly in both genders. And there is a retreat that last weekend but its only saturday-sunday. I can't go cause of work so I am watching Geoff and Katie's dog...

Paul said...

Wait... I meant boyfriend. I always say that wrong... which has caused me a lot of grief...