BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

projects and pictures

It's official...I'm an Alabama resident! I finally had the time to go get my license this week. (Looks kinda like a mug shot! haha) I was kinda upset that they punched holes in my TX license. oh well. Special thanks to Katie, for bringing it to my attention that it was bad to post a license online. The pic has been taken down. :)

I thought I'd share with y'all what I've been doing with my free time...My gma found a coffee table and a side table at a garage sale and snatched them for us. I did the "shabby chic" to them and here are the pics:

This is actually the side table, but the entertainment center thing is outside getting work done. I want it to look like the coffee and side tables so that they at least match. That one is a little more complex. Here is a pic of the detail and will give you a better pic of the coffee table.


All I did was paint the tables white and then use sandpaper to scrape off parts of the white so the dark brown would show through. The style is "shabby chic" but I prefer to call it "cheap chic" total cost in all three pieces is under $30. yep. pretty cheap. The fun balls on that plate smell like vanilla and are super cute! Found at the best place ever...target!

I don't know what I'm going to do with my spare time when I finish the other piece...I will be needing a new project! I'll put up a pic of the entertainment center when I'm done with it, y'all that came to AL aren't going to recognize it!!!

Well I'm waiting on the charter guy to show up to install our DVR. We're too poor for TiVo, so this is the next best! Can't wait till we figure it out and know how to use it! I'm certain it will take me longer than my roomies!! I'm seriously technologically slow...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn!!! You know better than to post a license online!!!! At least block out the numbers, lady!!!!
You never know what kind of psychos are reading your site!
Do you not remember my little stalker from high school??? Anyways, I like you better alive than dead....
Love ya!