Last night was my last time to work in special care. Now I have off til Friday night, where I will begin my adventure working in the ER. I am super excited about switching, but think I will miss the girls upstairs. Last night they through me a going away party! Isn't that sweet? And of course it had to be a pizza party. If you know me, you know I don't like pizza, it kinda makes me sick. But I ate it anyway, they didn't know and it was a nice gesture!
My great grandaddy had his 103rd bday party tonight! He is an amazing man that is still with it! He could sit with you and tell you stories about integration, downtown bham during those days, and told me a story about his mother and how she was a nurse! He actually helped the blacks with integration and was hated for this in his time. This is a man that helped change the course of Birmingham! I am glad I've been blessed to know him and hope I can be as giving as he has been! Anyway, my cousin and I took a bazillion pics, so I'll probably put one or two up...
The Oak Mountain Singles ministry is growing on me. The cook-out last Sunday was sufficiently awkward at moments, but fun too! I find it strange that the guys are more conversational than the girls...aren't girls by nature more talkative? I guess the guys are the more outreachy ones in this bunch. I've decided I'm going to give them a couple more months and the decide where to go from there. All my family goes to another church, and they have a huge medical missions ministry, so I'll go there next...
Since I've been working nights, I've had plenty of time to read books! I read (in only 5 days!!!) the book, gods in Alabama this week cause Whit heard it was a good book. It was okay, I wouldn't recommend actually buying it..not that great. I liked the overall theme and it was humorous, but some details it gives-the book could survive without.
I'm trying to sell my altima, anyone want it? Yes, I know, I've had the CRV for awhile...I've just been putting off cleaning the altima up and getting it ready to go. But Thursday, it went up with a for sale sign on it and my gparents have had several calls. I hope someone wants it, SOON! I kinda need some money!!
Well, I took a tylenol pm earlier and I think it's starting to kick in! Better get to sleep!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
pizza, parties, and people
Posted by jenn at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's so cool about your Grandfather! If they make a documentary about Birmingham they should definitely put him in it. I'm not quite sure who "they" are, but if I see them I'll tell them what's up.
So the single guys at this church are nicer to the new single girl than the girls that are already there... how strange... you know church is like the #2 place guys go to meet girls. I think #1 is like the grocery store or something.
Post a Comment