so one of my neighbors has asked us a couple times to feed her cat when she goes out of town. being the nice friendly people we are, my roommates and I say yes and for feeding her cat the first time, she brought us an amazing chocolate pie from her mother's bakery. well this time, we found waiting for us a 4-layer caramel cake on our table when we got home. of course I've tried it and will rate it a 6. I can't eat the whole thing, it's a bit rich, but still alright.
moving to a new town has proved to be more of an adventure than I thought. my adjustment to college went so well, I guess I assumed the same this time. well you know what happens when you assume...
I've visited several churches and found one I really like has teaching that is based on scripture, I like the doctrine and theology. the only problem is I don't really feel that welcome. It's been difficult to find a place where the worship and the fellowship are equally present. I honestly feel that in this part of my life, I need more fellowship...being new to a city and not having established a group of godly friends, and all. don't get me wrong, I've made my attempts, going to the singles sunday school class and all... being odd girl out has made me reflect on how welcoming I was while in college...was I the girl that smiled an "I don't know you, but hi" smile, the one that took you under her wing, or the one that blew you off after church after being friendly. I came to the decision that I have been all, and how much it SUCKS when it happens.
today, for instance, I sat with a girl that's also new to b'ham, but has been going to this church a little longer than me. after talking it up that "everyone goes out to eat after church", I was completely blown off when someone asked her to go to lunch with them. I was like, wow, that sucked. she did, however, promise to call me about the guys' flag football game today and if I wanted to go to the cook-out they were having tonight. the football game was a no go, but I will be leaving here shortly to go to the grocery store to pick up some tea to bring tonight.
on a cheery note, I will be coming to texas oct 26- nov 1. I want to make a trip down to nac, but will have to see about borrowing my mom's car and balancing spending time in granbury and nac. will keep y'all posted on that!
...well I'm off to hopefully break the unfriendliness I've been surrounded in...
Sunday, October 7, 2007
note: the following will be most random thoughts!
Posted by jenn at 5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jenn-
I finally remembered to check your blog! So, I am officially caught up. I had a new girl in Sunday School today who will be playing soccer for Univ. of Al. at Birmingham next year. She also wants to be a nutritionist. I told her about you. She just got back from a trip there, but if she visits again, I'll be calling you. She's not a believer, but is asking great questions! Hope tonight was fun! Continue to be faithful to the LORD and He will provide. Can't wait to see you!!!
Post a Comment